Monday, May 11, 2009

Best Ever Brownie

Sorry I've been AWOL, off gettin' hitched and honeymooning:


And while we're on the topic, can we please take a look at this amazing cake Tina made us:

Okay, now on to these brownies. The hell, Julia? Ya trying to make me gain 20 pounds? These are actually the Best Ever Brownies. There will be no lawsuits over this recipe title. I just tried to keep these images in mind while eating them:




And I'm proud to say that I made these with the help of my very own, brand new, KitchenAid mixer.



It really wasn't much required for this recipe, but dammit I used it anyway. This was not a complicated recipe by any means, but I guess the way it was put together was unusual for a brownie? I really don't know why, since I don't get what makes a cake a cake, or a muffin a muffin.



This recipe called for an 9 inch pan and I only had an 8 inch one. So I cooked it for the longest amount of time prescribed. Still - after 28 minutes the middle still looked like soup. Now Julia says that this should be barely set, but this was only set on the edges. So I cooked for 8 minutes more. Now it was ooey, gooey awesomeness.



Also, because I'm a wife now, I was simultaneously baking bread in my new bread machine. Naked. In Heels. Except for those last two things, I'm totally telling the truth:

2 comments:

  1. Kim, you are too hilarious!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your new kitchen aid mixer, and I am so jealous of your bread maker!
    I love that pic of my cake... but love the pic of you & Craig that much more. You guys look GORG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the second pic kim was only wearing a dickie, sunglasses, a hat and heels. In the first pic, you won't believe this, she was totally naked under that dress!

    much love. peace out.

    ReplyDelete